Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Review

So, I have been reading, all of the amazing bloggers review of Christmas.
Of course, mine is a little late
But better late than never, right?

As we discussed my holidays are CRAY CRAY
(new word.. derived from the rap song "that shhttt cray") 
just FYI 

So I left out on Friday the 23rd. 
Heading to my dads in Henderson. 
(which is about 3 and half hours away from Lex)
Ended up dropping off my dog and my brothers car on the way there. 
When we got there my step mommy and dad were running around crazy.
Dad was going to get my Nana and the S.M (for short) was getting groceries and beverages for everyone (such a perfect host)
The bro. and I decided to stop at the world Famous Mr. B's (which is only in Henderson)
for some beer and wings to start of the holiday real healthy.
When walking in I forgot just how Western Ky is.
EVERYONE smiles, speaks and waves. 
It's a little touch that makes me miss back home.
But then there is the culture shock that makes me realize how accustomed to Lex I really am.
Such as, no beverage napkin with my beer.. Not a coaster, no nothing.
Just slap here is bud light draft.. 
I look over a the table next to us and there sits a PITCHER. yes a PITCHER of sweet tea for the table of two. I giggled. Not going to lie 
Not to mention I saw the  BEST comb over I have ever seen on a 60 year old man. Not only a comb-over but a BLOND comb over.
I was pretty impressed.
I even had to grab my brother and nod to him. 
(you know in the not so obvious way) 

When getting home.
the S. M. informed us that since Nana was coming all alcohol would be served at drink stations.
Yes, you heard me.
Now please don't get the wrong idea.
We aren't really raging  alcohies 
But we didn't want to upset or offend my nana.
and come on, it was the holidays!
S.M. told bro and I that our station was upstairs in his bedroom.
I even took a picture for you guys!
photo 1.JPG
On the table. Yes, that is my brother's bed.
Ice bucket, solo cups, a stirrer

photo 2.JPG
The options, sitting right below the desk

Honestly. It gives me a headache just looking at it.
I took WAY to much advantage of this the first night. 
Somehow I was in the vodka & wine. 
I really should be smarter than that by now. 

Moving on.. 
the S. M had set up two big Christmas trees as always.
the first one in the living room and spinning!!
She set up a village of people all through the fireplace 
and built in bookshelves.
It was really pretty and I was so impressed.
the other tree was in their bedroom, which has a full sitting area in it.
It has white lights and what looked like snow on the limbs. 
it was precious.
pictures below to see for your self.
photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG


PRETTY PRETTY I know!
Christmas eve morning we all got up and went to brunch.
I in true nature, was the slightest hungover.
and had to get at least 3 pep talks from the bro. to even get ready that morning.
he realized that I secretly was wishing he was a girl, so he could do my hair and makeup. 
as bad as I was feeling I thought about letting him try anyway but I knew he would refuse. 
he's a funny guy. 
so we all loaded up my dads explorer 
(dad, S.M., bro, nana, and daisy (step aunt) and me!)
(of course by then I had one bloody mary getting ready and had to "to go go" which is what my S.M. calls a road drink)
and headed to Owensboro to the Campbell house
which is like a Country Club with no course or pool 
just a really NEAT and nice place to eat. 
after eating I started feeling better.
unfortantutely my nana started feeling bad.
we finished brunch and took a family photo in front of the tree and headed out.
It turned out pretty well. 
photo 5.PNG
That's us!
bro, me, nana, daisy, S.M., Daddy
(and no we didn't plan the red) 




I'm glad we took the photo though.
I will cherish it forever. 
I absolutely love it. 
if anyone wants to frame it and send it to me in a frame for my office,
it would be greatly appreciated #just saying

Christmas Eve night after long naps, getting ready again
and my step mom cooking we had dinner.
beef tenderloin to be specific.
my S.M. tried new recipes for corn, and potatoes, and it was 
**SLAP YOUR NANA GOOD**
along with green beans and bread.
I was literally stuffed!! 
and couldn't stand it anymore,
I just wanted to open presents!!
we cleaned up and then got in there for the business.

As I previously mentioned. I got everyone some
"real nice stuff" ^insert Uncle Eddy Voice from Christmas Vacation
For example:
the brother is a music/Itunes crazy insane person 
so I got him an Ihome for his house.
My S.M is a Lilly lover so I got her a shirt from there and a VS sweatshirt
We got got Dad a Garmin (that he requested) and then  I had him a calendar made from snap fish with pictures of us growing up and different trips we had taken. 
But luckkkky for me.
my fam is just as thoughtful.
two of the fav I got was.. 
photo 1.JPG
@snookie house shoes.
AMAZING
so comfy!
which also happens to me be my loving pet name around my fam.

photo 2.JPG
LV. what more can a girl want?
I literally teared up.






Christmas morning we headed over to my moms house.
which is nice. relaxing and fun
seeing my nephew go on about everything he got.
opening gifts again
its amazing
my "elfster" which turned out to be my mom.
and she tricked me. 
got me this amazing hair dryer I wanted by hot tools.
not only is it cheetah print but it dries my hair soo fast
it's amazing how a hair dryer can change your life.
seriously.
It also came with a baddd boootttty curling iron.
I obviously had to use it the first day which turned out like this.
photo.JPG
Love it! 
we watched endless movies, I ate to much food (like two boxes of dressing. YIKES ), and rested up!
 I had to drag myself away from her house
lucky for me.
I  get to see them again today as my cousin is getting married tonight.
I plan on returning soon this time
to discuss new years and reflect back on it.
but if I don't get the chance.
peace out
happy new years!!!
be safe and have a blast
>>I know I am going too!<<

No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved